A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding and Getting an Artificial Eye
An artificial eye, also known as an ocular prosthesis, is a prosthetic device that is designed to replace a missing or damaged eye. It is made of acrylic or silicone and is custom-fitted to match the appearance of the natural eye. With advancements in technology and materials, today's artificial eyes are highly realistic and can provide a nearly seamless appearance.
In this article, we will explore the reasons why someone might need an artificial eye, when is the right time to get one, and what you can expect from the process. We will also discuss the benefits of buying an artificial eye from our website, globaleyestore.com.
Indications for an Artificial Eye
There are several reasons why someone might need an artificial eye. The most common reason is due to an injury or medical condition that has resulted in the loss of an eye. Some of the other reasons for needing an artificial eye include:
- Congenital absence of an eye
- Enucleation (removal of the eye) due to injury or cancer
- Evisceration (removal of the eye's contents) due to injury or infection
When is the Right Time to Get an Artificial Eye?
The timing of getting an artificial eye depends on several factors, including the reason for the loss of the eye and the individual's physical and emotional recovery. Typically, it takes 4-6 weeks after the removal of an eye for the socket to heal, and at that point, the individual can be fitted for an artificial eye.
In some cases, an individual may choose to wait several months or even 1 year before getting an artificial eye, as the body and the socket may continue to change during the recovery period. It's important to discuss the timing of getting an artificial eye with your doctor or Ocularist to determine the best course of action for your individual situation.
What to Expect from the Process ?
Getting an artificial eye is a multi-step process that involves several appointments with your Ocularist. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
- Initial Consultation: During your first appointment, Our Ocularist will take measurements of your socket and discuss your expectations for the appearance of the artificial eye. They will also answer any questions you may have and provide you with information about the process and materials used in making an artificial eye.
- Impression and Molding: During this appointment, Our Ocularist will make a mold of your socket to ensure a precise fit. They will use a special material that is inserted into the socket to take the impression. The mold will be used to make the artificial eye and ensure a proper fit.
- Fabrication: Once the mold has been made, Our Ocularist will fabricate the artificial eye using acrylic or silicone. The prosthesis will be carefully painted and matched to the color of your natural eye to ensure a seamless appearance. The artificial eye will be created to the precise specifications of your socket, making it a custom-fit device.
- Fitting and Adjustments: During this appointment, Our Ocularist will fit the artificial eye into your socket and make any necessary adjustments. They will also make sure that the eye moves in the same direction as your natural eye and that it feels comfortable.
- Follow-up Appointments: Our Ocularist will schedule follow-up appointments to ensure that the artificial eye is fitting correctly and to make any necessary adjustments. They may also provide you with care instructions for the prosthesis and answer any questions you may have.
Benefits of Buying an Artificial Eye from globaleyestore.com
Here are just a few of the benefits of buying an artificial eye from globaleyestore.com:
- Highly Experienced Ocularist : Our team of Ocularist are highly experienced and they give you best quality fitted eye.
- Expert Support: Our team of experts is available to answer any questions you may have about artificial eyes and the process of getting one.
- Less Travel : We have onboard many expert Ocularist, So you will have to travel less to get a perfectly fitted artificial eye